Automotive Condition InspectorASI Auto Group
Automotive Condition Inspector
An Automotive Condition Inspector is an independent contractor who is responsible for providing a high quality and detailed report on the condition of multiple cars within the day. The report typically details interior and exterior damages, frame and structural damages, and basic vehicle information such as mileage, series, and other options.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine the condition of multiple vehicles per day at auction facilities.
- Write a report for each vehicle that documents the condition of the interior, exterior, trunk area, engine compartment and undercarriage of the vehicle.
- Correctly identify and document the vehicle details, including series, options (navigation, backup camera, etc), color, mileage, etc.
- Take overall photos of the vehicle, and photos of any identified damages.
- Use an inspection program to make repair recommendations, where necessary.
- May need to locate, start, and move vehicles periodically.
- The Inspector position requires the following tools:
- Digital Camera
- Tread Depth Gauge
- Paint Meter
- Attention to detail – quality and accuracy of condition reporting is a must!
- Ability to multitask is required
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work both independently and a part of a team
- High level of motivation
- Functional computer skills
- Basic computer knowledge is required, i.e. internet, file uploads, e-mail, etc.
- Basic tablet operation is required
- Ability to work outdoors in all conditions
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, kneel, crouch, and/or twist repeatedly throughout the day
- Ability to follow all applicable safety and health related guidelines
Required Experience and Education
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- At least one year of experience writing Condition Reports
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required
- Two years or more experience in vehicle condition reporting strongly preferred
- General knowledge of automotive components and bodywork processes preferred
- Background in auto repair estimating or body shop experience strongly preferred
About our Company
ASI Auto Group, LLC is headquartered in Franklin, TN, and serves auto auction and auto wholesale clients in multiple states throughout the US. Our company works with independent contractors to provide vehicle remarketing information to auctions to better allow them to serve their buyers and sellers. We offer competitive compensation for our network of contractors.
Our company values are:
- Integrity – We value honest dealings with our vendors and clients, and expect the same in return. We gain the trust and respect of those we work with by standing behind our work.
- Quality – Above all, our goal is to provide a service that others can depend on 100% of the time.
- Commitment – We remain true to the promise of providing for our client’s remarketing needs. Everything starts with a condition report!
ASI offers a drug-free work environment.