The Bel Air Volunteer Fire Co. Is looking to hire a fleet maintenance \ manager to work with our engineer to ensure mission readiness of our fleet of thirty (30) fire company vehicles and equipment.
Coordinates a comprehensive repair and prevention maintenance program for fire company vehicles. Conducts quality control inspections of repair work performed by company and contract personnel. Performs related work as required:
- Ensures Operational readiness over an assigned pool of specialized fire apparatus;
- Conducts weekly vehicle checks in accordance with company policy;
- Documents Deficiencies in accordance with policy using the appropriate computer applications;
- Coordinates and corresponds with both internal and external stakeholders to facilitate repairs;
- Responsible for maintaining records and data necessary to complete tasks
- Makes recommendations for reassignment or replacement of vehicles.
- Coordinates invoicing and verifies work has been completed;
- Prepares weekly inspection reports
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Prioritizes schedules and performs timely maintenance and repairs on fleet of fire vehicles, equipment and apparatus to ensure a state of readiness for emergency response.
- Will utilize sound judgment on when vehicle repairs should be completed by an outside agency that is authorized or qualified to perform such work.
- Ensures that all fire pumps and aerial devices are service tested by an authorized evaluator on an annual basis.
- Develop and maintain thorough written or computerized records detailing work performed on all apparatus and equipment.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of repair parts, oil, anti-freeze, grease and other items needed on a regular basis to service vehicles and equipment.
- Ensures that factory warranty and recall, scheduled maintenance, and inspection work is completed in accordance with established procedures
- Knowledge of vehicle operation and maintenance problems;
- Knowledge of emergency and non-emergency vehicle parts and equipment;
- Ability to maintain accurate records;
- Ability to prepare written reports;
- Ability to effectively plan and schedule activities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and contract personnel;
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations;
- Ability to comprehend and ensure compliance with established standards.
- Previous experience as a vehicle mechanic and\or Manager of vehicle fleet operations.
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance requirements and components.
- Working knowledge of various computer programs to include MS Word and Excel.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED
- Minimum of a valid Maryland Class B Non Commercial Driver's License (can be obtained within six (6) months of date of hire)
- Current ASE certified mechanic.
- Must have good visual acuity and manual dexterity to both read technical documents and operate electronic communication devices. Employee must be able to effectively communicate with others and relay technical objectives and plans both orally and in writing. Ability to operate a motor vehicle, sight, hearing. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a fire company driver level physical, criminal background, driving record check, and pre-employment drug screening.
- Compensation is competitive with the current market to include paid health care; Salary will be based on experience and education level.