Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
This position is in White Marsh, Maryland with a total headcount of 35 to 50 employees. The Facility Manager will provide strategic operational oversight for all processing, packaging, and shipping for a single plant with moderate complexity. In this role, you will oversee safety, quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance. This position will champion a culture that builds, operates, and maintains a team that is operationally sound, safe, and efficient.
- Ensures compliance program standards and goals are implemented.
- Establish and deploy operational priorities for a single plant or multiple plants with moderate complexity.
- Leads strategic and tactical operations and quality management deliverables to ensure customer, product and quality standard requirements are met within specifications.
- Leads, directs and controls capital and operating budgets for a single plant with moderate complexity to achieve medium term outlook financial performance objectives set by the business.
- Ensure and hold direct reports accountable for meeting and controlling operating expenses and established targets.
- Oversee the overall operational management and implement operational efficiency improvements which may include standardization of plant information manufacturing systems, quality control, safety, production reliability excellence and maintenance and operators best practices.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Communicate effectively with internal teams, escalating issues appropriately for discussion and resolution
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience with budgeting and operational planning
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Four years of supervisory experience
This position is located in White Marsh, Maryland. Relocation may be offered!