At Carousel Group we are looking for a reservation agent for our different properties in Ocean City, MD, our candidates need to have the following qualities:
Full Job Description
Responsible for the accurate input of different market segments into the property management systems of various hotels
Duties & Functions:
- Obtain accurate guests’ information.
- Listen to the guests’ needs.
- Sell the inventory of the hotel at the highest possible rate.
- Correctness of inventory.
- Accuracy of reservations’ information.
- Correctly selling rates by market segment.
- Send information via fax and/or mail to the clients.
- Cross-sell services and amenities.
- Post advanced deposits to transient reservations.
- Administrate office such as filing and faxing.
- Perform other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Good communication skills.
- Customer service-oriented.
- Ability to work with numbers.
- Computer skills.
- Previous experience in hotels.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Multi-lingual preferred.
- Fluent in English required.
- Must be able to work seated for at least 8 hours.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly to communicate with potential guests by phone.
- Must be able to move inside the office to make copies and send faxes.
- Must be able to reach and handle the computer, keys, paper, and items on the top of the desk.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with excellent compensation packages, which may vary somewhat depending on location.
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefit packages