Administrative AssociateCarroll Community College
Carroll Community College seeks a full-time Administrative Associate - Student Life.
This position reports to the Director of Student Life and is responsible for supporting a variety of Student Life activities including: New Student Orientation, Areas of Study, Campus Activities, Student Leadership Development, Service-Learning, and the Student Activities Finance Board. The Administrative Associate provides courteous and professional dissemination of general information to students, community members, faculty and other staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform administrative duties as needed for the Student Life staff, including: Director of Student Life, Coordinator of Student Activities and Leadership, Coordinator of Service-Learning and Internships, Food Locker Associate and Director of Athletics.
- Assist the Student Life staff regarding hotel/bus accommodations, facilities-set-up, room assignments, etc. pertaining to all programs sponsored by the Office of Student Life. Assist SGO-recognized club advisors with hotel and bus reservations.
- Prepares internal and external correspondence or documents including electronic versions as well as any other department related communications to support the assigned area and staff.
- Photocopies documents, faxes, distributes incoming mail and other related materials, requests/collects/tracks information, maintains inventory for assigned areas, orders supplies, and maintains assigned filing systems.
- Answers telephone and serves as area receptionist answering basic inquiries; refers calls to appropriate parties as necessary; monitors flow of traffic within assigned area.
- Maintains cost center budget records and reconciliation of monthly expenditures.
- Provide support for Areas of Study by tracking mini grants, providing payment, and tracking the budget.
- Provide assistance to Administrative Associates who support the Areas of Study and faculty/staff who submit requests.
- Complete check requests, reconcile credit card reports, complete travel requests for Student Life staff.
- Assists with planning, organizing, and assisting in various events as assigned.
- Assist with the preparation of correspondence to students involved in all Student Life activities, including New Student Orientation, leadership workshops and service-learning activities.
- Keep abreast of all pertinent dates and information related to workshop registrations and maintain the Student Life calendar.
- Serve as a member of Student Activities Finance Board.
- Able to work with diverse people and create a safe and inclusive office environment.
- Maintain inter-and-intra-departmental policies to ensure smooth flow of information.
- Order and maintain supply inventory for Student Life Office and the Athletics Office.
- Communicate with vendors and professional entertainment agencies to prepare contracts and payment for performers and catering.
- Assist with event set-ups.
- May perform mail merges, develop spreadsheets, create flyers or slide presentations, or update websites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements To Perform Work:
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two years or more of prior administrative support experience.
- Proficiency with word processing and other office software applications in a Windows environment (e.g. spreadsheet, database, presentation graphics, web authoring software).
- Experience with tracking expenses and budgets preferred.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills a must.
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive
The work is sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hearing, Speaking, Visual Acuity
- Kneeling, Stooping, Lifting
- Mental Acuity
- Pulling, Pushing, Reaching
- Repetitive Motion
- Standing, Walking
College campus. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe work place practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing with some highly technical applications and new technology systems; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; and observance of traffic signals when driving.
This position will be placed on the 12 month Grade 6 college salary scale. Actual salary placement based on qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package.