Assistant SupervisorCarroll Community College
Carroll Community College seeks a full-time Assistant Supervisor, Environmental Services.
This position performs custodial duties on an assigned shift and is also responsible for overseeing the work of the other Environmental Services Specialists on an assigned shift.This position reports to the Environmental Services Supervisor. This position requires a Monday-Friday, 6:30 am to 2:30 pm shift, and occasional Saturdays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Delegates duties and oversees employees on the assigned shift. Works directly with the Environmental Services Supervisor in employee related communication as required.
- Oversees scheduling, approving time cards, inspection of work and provides feedback to Supervisor on work performance of assigned employees.
- Trains assigned employees on procedures, equipment, and safety. Ensures that all applicable OSHA regulations are followed.
- Maintains cleaning equipment and reports equipment failure and break-downs to the Supervisor; works with the appropriate vendor in repair as directed by the Supervisor.
- Assists the Supervisor in managing custodial work requests and ensures work is completed as requested.
- Assists with setups for special events.
- Assists with salting of walkways as necessary.
- Maintains appropriate inventory level of all supplies; orders supplies as directed by the Supervisor. May meet with vendors as assigned.
- Conducts building inspections to ensure quality of work being performed.
- Prepares internal and external correspondence or documents as well as any other department related communications to support the assigned area and staff.
- Responds to urgent cleaning needs as the result of spills/ accidents and maintains records of those activities.
- Dusts furniture, washes walls/windows, and door glass in assigned areas.
- Vacuums, spot cleans, and shampoos carpets in assigned areas; sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips, waxes, and spray buffs non-carpeted floors in assigned areas; moves furniture and equipment as necessary to clean floors.
- Cleans, disinfects, and deodorizes lavatories, urinals, toilet bowls, mirrors, and water fountains; replaces deodorizers, toilet tissue, hand towels, and soap.
- Disposes of trash from assigned areas and outside buildings; cleans and disposes of body fluid spills following proper protocol.
- Reports needed building repairs to the Supervisor and Facilities Management Department.
- Attends training as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements To Perform Work:
- HS Diploma or GED
- One year of experience in custodial services (including experience with performing inventory, ordering supplies, performing inspections, and various floor cleaning methods and equipment.)
- At least one year of supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and/or experience with coaching or training
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with/or aptitude to learn software used to manage work flow (such as; SchoolDude)
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive.
- Must be flexible regarding work location and shift assignment.
This position requires the ability to move and occasionally lift items (up to 50 lbs.) and operate cleaning equipment. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Climbing, Bending, Stooping, Kneeling
- Hearing, Talking, Visual Acuity
- Mental Acuity
- Pulling, Pushing, Reaching
- Standing, Walking
College Campus. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety with periodic exposure to chemicals and bodily fluids. Precautions typical of custodial duties in such places as office or meeting and training rooms, e.g., use of safe work place practices with cleaning and office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire and building safety regulations, and observance of traffic signals when driving.
This position will be placed on the 12 month, Grade 5 college salary scale. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package. In order to qualify for employment, candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.