Contract Specialist (Risk Management)Carroll Community College
Contract Specialist (Risk Management)
Carroll Community College seeks a part-time (no benefits) Contract Specialist.
This position provides administrative, research, and contract review support for the Risk Management and Administration area of the College. It reports to the Director, Risk Management. This part-time position requires a 4-day week; approximately 20 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support in maintaining the College risk management insurance programs, managing insurance renewals and coverages, assessing the need for additional coverage and staying informed about new insurance products; performs contract reviews, helps negotiate terms with third parties to mitigate and properly allocate associated liability; researches relevant legal and insurance provisions. Partners with insurance broker to review and implement improvements to the current risk management plans. Consults with the county attorney as needed to resolve difficult contract or legal issues and update current contractual language as well as assuring that state and county legal requirements are met; reviews certificates of insurance from vendors to assure adequate coverage along with any other contractual stipulations such as additional insured status required by College contracts.
- Reviews RFP requirements, International Travel Agreements, Online Agreements, MOU’s, Partnership Agreements, Service Contracts, Student Life Activities and Child Care Agreements and any other agreement entered into by the college for adequate insurance requirements, indemnification, waivers and terms and conditions to assure proper transference of risk.
- Develops policies and procedures, waivers and insurance protocols to mitigate liability for new programs.
- Obtains insurance quotes to assess and balance the financial costs with the liability accepted by the college.
- Serves as a backup contact for Workers Compensation Program.
- Continuous learning to assess areas of new risk and the methods for minimizing, monitoring and controlling their impact.
- Develops a relationship with various college personnel to understand, control and articulate what level of risk the college is willing to take along with relaying accountability for those risks in pursuit of the college’s goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female