Institutional Advancement & College Foundation SpecialistCarroll Community College
Institutional Advancement & College Foundation Specialist
Carroll Community College seeks a full-time Institutional Advancement & College Foundation Specialist.
This position is responsible to provide administrative support to the Office of Institutional Advancement and College Foundation with limited supervision; including oversight and guidance of day to day operational activities. It reports to the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides oversight and guidance for the day-to-day activities of the college’s Institutional Advancement and College Foundation office.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director of IA and the College Foundation. Prepares internal and external professional correspondence. Maintains calendar of ED.
- Organizes and maintains variety of complex filing (electronic and paper) systems including indexing to donor database.
- Photocopies, scans, files, e-mails and maintains supply inventory.
- Coordinates all Foundation Board meetings and communicates with Board members in meeting specific needs. Plans and prepares meeting materials and delivers in a timely manner.
- Communicates proactively with all volunteer committee members, scheduling and preparing for meeting in advance. Handles room confirmations, catering, set-up requests and clean up as necessary.
- Takes minutes at meetings as required.
- Places work orders, submits purchase orders and processes payments.
- Reconciles monthly expenses to budget.
- Coordinates all aspects of social media for the department. Establishes a calendar in advance and works with the ED to determine campaigns, strategy etc. Responsible for working on website content with input from all areas of the department.
- Serves on web standards committee as the department’s representative.
- Provides administration for the Scholarship Program to include; maintenance of records for scholarship funds, coordinates communication to donors, maintains scholarship online program and ensures its accuracy and readiness for having all scholarship parameters entered accurately, accepting student applications, scheduling training of new members, scheduling evaluations with committee member, scheduling and driving the awards meetings. Ensures excellent communication with all stakeholders.
- Prepares bank deposits. Provides reconciliation materials as required to Finance and works to resolve differences.
- Reconciles monthly Foundation funding requests ensuring proper documentation and authorizations. Resolves differences. Provides report to Executive Director as required.
- Reconciles annual college invoice of investments the Foundation has paid and approved each year.
- Enters all donations and pledges into the Raiser’s Edge Database. Maintains the integrity of the donor database. Extrapolates data from Raider’s Edge or Colleague in the form of queries or report writing. Provides acknowledgement letters to donors from the Foundation and the College President. Tracks gifts in donor database (Raiser’s Edge).
- Works closely with the ED and the Foundation’s Audit firm in researching requests, preparing documentation, and following up with Audit, College Finance, Financial Aid and Foundation staff to ensure smooth departmental audit processes
- Provides support for all Foundation cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising events.
- Prepares presentations under direction of a fundraising professional for all donor presentations.
- Answers telephone and serves as area receptionist answering basic inquiries; refers calls to appropriate parties as necessary; monitors flow of traffic within assigned area.
- Interacts regularly with internal constituents at all levels of the organization as well as members of the Foundation Board and donors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements To Perform Work:
- Associate’s Degree and three years or more of prior administrative support experience.
- Keyboarding speed of 45 wpm. Proficiency with word processing and other office software applications in a Windows environment (e.g. Word, spreadsheet, database, presentation graphics, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive
The work is sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hearing, speaking, visual acuity
- Kneeling, Stooping
- Mental Acuity
- Pulling, Pushing, Reaching
- Repetitive Motion
- Standing, walking
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe work place practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing with some highly technical applications and new technology systems; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; and observance of traffic signals when driving. May need to work occasional weekends or evenings.
This position will be placed on the 12 month, Grade 7 college salary scale. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package. In order to qualify for employment, candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.