Nursing Faculty MemberCarroll Community College
Nursing Faculty Member
Carroll Community College seeks a Nursing Faculty Member (Medical-Surgical).
The faculty member’s primary responsibility will be planning and making available appropriate study materials; conducting educationally valuable activities in the classroom; making assignments of student work; and evaluating and grading student progress. This position reports to the Chair, Allied Health, with an anticipated start date during the FALL 2019 semester.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teaching the equivalent of 30 teaching load hours over the academic year
- Administering appropriate examinations, including final examination during final examination week
- Maintaining grade book
- Scheduling and posting a minimum of five hours per week of office hours
- Providing educational advisement to students, including directing those in need of assistance to appropriate laboratories, clinics, or counselors
- Cooperating with the Library staff and division chair to assure adequate library and materials are available for each class
- Assisting in the curricular and staff development necessary to create new learning opportunities for students or to maintain the viability of current offerings
- Attending divisional meetings, general faculty meetings and college-wide meetings as required
- Using a variety of teaching methods in order to meet the learning needs of the individual students
- Assisting with development of philosophy, objectives and policies of the program
- Preparing course outlines and lesson plans in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the program, translating the objectives into expected student behaviors
- Assisting with admission of students
- Assisting with evaluation of the program
- Supporting the teaching team contributing to orientation of new faculty, communicating between and among team members and cooperating in implementing the course and related activities to maintain program integrity
- Serving on appropriate college committees
- Performing other duties as assigned.