Technical Support TechnicianCarroll Community College
Westminster, MD Full-time
Posted on November 25, 2018
Technical Support Technician
Carroll Community College seeks a full-time Technical Support Technician.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides technical support for computers, software applications and peripherals in the College offices, classrooms and computer labs using a systematic approach to determine the problem and a resolution.
- Uses a ticketing system to track and document problems and solutions.
- Consults with computer users to define problems and alternative solutions to attain desired results.
- Installs, maintains and configures lab and classroom control technology which includes working with switches and controllers.
- Installs classroom equipment such as projectors and carts.
- Troubleshoots networking issues
- Assists with ordering supplies and equipment.
- Provides support for 3d printers, Android, IOS, MAC OS, and Windows; supports classroom and meeting rooms networking equipment such as Apple TVs and Wireless Projection Systems.
- Supports SLR and Video Cameras being used by Graphics students and staff; provides support for various software packages including but not limited to Adobe CS, Microsoft Word, AutoCAD and 3 Studio Max.
- Creates lab user and computer accounts in Active Directory and helps create and maintain group policies; assists in rolling out and configuring the image for College laptops/tablets and computers.
- Maintains and patches computers in office, labs and smart rooms.
- Manages and maintains College software licenses and printer/computer inventory.
- Leads student employees when Senior Manager, Enterprise Service Desk is not available.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female