Theatre TechnicianCarroll Community College
Carroll Community College has available a full-time 12-month Theatre Technician position.
This position supports all Applied and Theatre Arts events, reporting to the Coordinator, Theater Operations position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Program sound, lighting, video and other technical systems in advance of performances and productions.
- Communicate effectively and maintain positive relationships with college and community users of the facilities to coordinate all technical support, supervise necessary crew and oversee successful execution of events and productions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with production equipment.
- Function as technical support to oversee events and ensure their success.
- Read, interpret and implement scenic construction plans.
- Lead hourly event technicians and students in successful events and scenic construction.
- Evaluate equipment needs and notify supervisor of repair or equipment replacement needs.
- Assist the Coordinator, Theater Operations with proper security, storage and maintenance of all theatrical equipment.
- Assure proper safety measures are followed including regulations under OSHA & NFPA electrical and life safety codes.
- Supports front-of-house operations for Applied and Theatre Arts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements To Perform Work:
- Associate degree plus four years’ full time work experience in theatre-related operations or production or…
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field and 2 years related work experience.
- Creativity and ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive
Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Medium Work – exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to constantly move objects.
- Mental acuity
Theatre setting; set construction environment; some office environment.