Full Time Administrative Associate – Student Engagement
Carroll Community College seeks a full-time Administrative Associate – Student Engagement.
This position is responsible for supporting a variety of Student Engagement activities including: Athletics, Career Development, New Student Orientation, Areas of Study, Campus Activities, Student Leadership Development, Service-Learning, and the Student Activities Finance Board. The Administrative Associate is responsible for budget tracking for 15-20 budget lines and providing courteous and professional dissemination of general information to students, community members, faculty and other staff. The Office of Student Engagement is a fast-paced environment providing frontline student support through events, activities, and referrals to resources. This position reports to the Senior Director of Student Engagement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform administrative duties as needed for the Student Engagement staff including the Senior Director of Student Engagement, Assistant Director of Student Engagement, Coordinator of Student Engagement and Leadership, Student and Career Development Specialist, Food Locker Associate and Director of Athletics.
- Coordinate and track all financial transactions for 15-20 budgets lines including, but not limited to: ordering supplies, reconciling purchasing cards, maintaining purchasing card records, and preparing purchase orders, contracts, and payments for vendors and services.
- Provide excellent customer service by answering telephone, responding to email inquiries, greeting students or visitors, triaging calls/emails to appropriate parties as necessary and monitoring flow of traffic within assigned area.
- Assist the Student Engagement staff regarding room reservations, hotel/bus accommodations, facilities-set-up, room assignments, etc. pertaining to all programs sponsored by the Office of Student Engagement. Assist SGO-recognized club advisors and faculty with hotel and bus reservations.
- Prepare internal and external correspondence or documents including electronic versions as well as any other department related communications to support the assigned area and staff.
- Edit, format, and revise a variety of documents and materials created by others. Proofread for grammatical, typographical and basic content errors. Convert rough copy and drafts to final version quality reports, presentations, and documents.
- Photocopy documents, fax, distribute incoming mail and other related materials, request/collect/track information, maintain inventory for assigned areas, order supplies, and maintain assigned filing systems.
- Monitor email inboxes for Student Engagement and career email accounts. Provide responses when appropriate or forward message to appropriate staff member when needed.
- Provide support for Areas of Study by tracking mini grants, providing payment, and tracking the budget. Assist Administrative Associates who support the Areas of Study and faculty/staff who submit requests.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and supporting various events as assigned.
- Keep abreast of all pertinent dates and information related to workshop registrations and maintain the Student Engagement calendar.
- Serve as a member of Student Activities Finance Board.
- Be able to work with diverse people and create a safe and inclusive office environment.
- Maintain inter-and-intra-departmental policies to ensure smooth flow of information.
- Order and maintain supply inventory for Student Engagement Office and the Athletics Office.
- May perform mail merges, develop spreadsheets, create flyers or slide presentations, or update websites.
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of prior administrative support experience. Additional years of experience may substitute for the preferred educational requirement.
- Two years of experience tracking expenses and budgets required. Experience with managing multiple budget lines simultaneously preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word and other office software applications in a Windows environment (e.g. spreadsheet, database, presentation graphics, web authoring software) required.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task to successfully balance multiple competing priorities a must.
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly demeanor, and understanding and acceptance of people from various backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Must be positive, cooperative, and supportive.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends (i.e. orientation, special events, etc.)
This work is normally light work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual acuity - Ability to perceive or detect surrounding
- Mental acuity – Ability to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk – Ability to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe work place practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing with some highly technical applications and new technology systems; avoidance of trips and falls. Observance of College policies, fire and building safety regulations; and observance of traffic signals when/if driving a College vehicle.