Senior Director of CET Operations - MD
Senior Director of CET Operations
Carroll Community College seeks a full-time Senior Director of CET Operations.
This position is responsible for all overall continuing education operations functions including registration, customer service, publications and web content, reporting, department processes and procedures to ensure seamless customer service, program and student support, and compliance with MHEC and state regulations. It reports to the Vice President of Continuing Education and Training and oversees student support services, CET communications, internal and external reporting, and publications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the following functions for the continuing education unit: student support services and registration, data entry, adjunct faculty payroll, internal and external reporting, and CET publications and marketing activities (coordinated with Marketing and Creative Services.)
- Manages accurate entry of all continuing education student, course, and program data in the Lumens and Colleague systems.
- Audits data regularly to ensure that all reports and data shared with internal and external parties, including but not limited to MHEC, Institutional Research, Leadership Team, Executive Team and Board of trustees is accurate.
- Continually evaluates and improves processes to increase efficiencies and effectiveness in CET operations.
- Documents all processes, communicates changes, and maintains procedures manuals in a central location for access by all CET staff.
- Trains new CET staff and works with existing staff, as needed.
- Oversees CET instructor payroll processes to ensure compliance with HR requirements, College policies, Federal and State laws.
- Works closely with Information Technology and Business Office to ensure Lumens integration is functioning properly and to resolve issues, as needed.
- Works with Collegewide stakeholders to ensure CET processes are consistent with other areas of the College.
- Oversees and maintains all CET document storage (electronic or paper) to ensure compliance with retention schedules and to facilitate department-wide access.
- Leads a team of several operations and student services staff: Manager of Student Support Services, Coordinator of CET Outreach and Promotions, Director of CET Research and Strategic Analysis, Contract and Operations Support Specialist, and Operations Specialist.
- Works collaboratively with area Senior Directors and Directors to meet revenue, enrollment, and student satisfaction goals.
- Oversees MHEC CC10 processes to ensure compliance with state regulation.
- Participates on state-wide and college-wide committees related to CET operations, systems and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Master’s Degree and minimum of five years of leadership experience in an operations environment with responsibility for data entry, data maintenance, and reporting from an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Bachelor’s Degree, and minimum of seven years’ experience as detailed above accepted.
- Proficient using Business Objects, Access, and Excel to query, create, edit, and manage reports.
- Excellent time management, communication, and critical thinking skills with experience in problem resolution.
- Superior supervisory skills and ability to lead a multifunction operations team.
- Must be positive, collaborative and supportive.
- Experience with implementing quality improvement programs, higher education experience, and experience with higher education ERPs and/or Augusoft Lumens preferred.
This work is normally sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; and observance of traffic laws when/if driving a College vehicle. Occasional travel to meetings, events and trainings. May need to work occasional weekends and/or evenings.