Dentist Consultant for the Carroll County Health Department Dental Clinic
Background Information: This clinic provides dental services to children up to age 18 and pregnant women who are insured under Maryland Healthy Smiles. The clinic is located at the Carroll County Health Department, located in Westminster Maryland.
Consultant hours will be 8 AM to 5 PM, 1 to 4 days/week (Monday through Thursday), Hours are not guaranteed but estimated. The pay rate is $50-$54/ per hour. There are no paid benefits related to this position, and Consultant is not considered a State of Maryland employee.
Consultant needs to procure their own professional liability insurance coverage and must be credentialed in Healthy Smiles or have the ability to be credentialed in Healthy Smiles upon signing a Consultant Agreement with the Carroll County Health Department.
Dates: January 1, 2021 – June 30, 2021. Two (2) One-year renewal options based on vendor performance and funding approval related to this position maybe authorized.
Responsibilities Are as Follows:
- Consult with physicians and nurses regarding care, treatment, and medical condition of patients in order to determine patients’ suitability for dental treatment.
- Conduct oral examinations of patients and obtains dental radiographs in order to make proper diagnoses.
- Perform prophylaxis procedures and provide oral hygiene instructions to clinic patients.
- Prescribe fluoride therapy as a preventive measure for clinic patients
- Dental care may include restorative, surgical, endodontic, prosthetic, and emergency procedures.
- Determine the need and prescribe medications as indicated
- Refer patients to outside facilities for procedures beyond the scope of general dentistry
- Provide direct, personal, indirect supervision of dental hygienist. The supervision is required for clinical services as identified below:
Direct Supervision- Dentist needs to be present.
Personal Supervision- Dentist needs to authorize, be present and check prior to patient dismissal
Indirect Supervision Levels: Dentist must authorize procedure and be in the Dental office while the procedure is being performed.
- Complete other duties assigned, including Health Department trainings related to the Dental Clinic and course participation.
Applicants need to provide a cover letter, resume and verification of credentials to email@example.com.