Nurse Consultant - Registered Nurse
The Registered Nurse Consultant will conduct nursing assessments for Adult
Evaluation and Review Services (AERS) and Community First Choice (CFC)
programs. RN Consultant will also conduct nurse monitoring duties for CFC
AERS and CFC are state-mandated programs with the goal of reducing unnecessary
admissions to state psychiatric facilities, nursing homes and other long-term care
facilities. At-risk functionally and chronically disabled individuals are assessed to
determine home and community-based services that will meet their individual needs
and enable them to avoid institutionalization and remain as independent as possible
in the least restrictive environment.
Preferred Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited college
Preferred Experience: Two years of experience as a community health nurse
1. Candidate may substitute preferred education with Associate’s Degree of Nursing
and two years of nursing experience as a registered nurse.
2. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience with Adult
Evaluation and Review Services (AERS), or Community First Choice Programs
3. Candidate must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the
Maryland State Board of Nursing.
4. RN Consultant position(s) do not include State of Maryland employment benefits.
5. Candidate must possess current motor vehicle operator’s license and own vehicle.
6. Candidate must obtain own professional liability insurance.
7. Hours are Monday-Friday up to Forty (40) Hours Per Week, most work can be
completed remotely, may need to work on site at CCHD as needed.
8. Pay rate for this position is $28.00 Per Hour.