Circuit Court for Baltimore City Fiscal Officer
The Circuit Court for Baltimore City is seeking a Fiscal Officer to manage its Finance Office. The incumbent will report to the Court Administrator.
- Leads and participates in the creation of Circuit Court, and Program budgets,
- Serve as the Court’s liaison with Baltimore City fiscal Officers,
- Develops and monitors systems and procedures necessary to ensure effective administration of Federal and State grants,
- Monitors and reconciles quarterly and year-end State and City expenditure reports for Family, Child Support, Adult Drug Court, Juvenile, Civil ADR, Court Medical, Community Services, Security, etc. grants,
- Reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for accuracy and investigates any discrepancies,
- Analyzes and assesses with Court Administrator, and Program Managers financial resources required to ensure efficient operation of the Court,
- Makes recommendations to reallocate funding sources or reduce expenditures,
- Reviews and manages purchases of supplies and equipment,
- Prepares receipt deposits; and reconciles expense reports and journal entries monthly,
- Monitors and reviews contracts for financial compliance,
- Provides technical assistance to procurement staff and Circuit Court Program Managers regarding grant budget management issues and prepares the annual fiscal budget,
- Reviews collection letters, corresponding payment plans, and payments related to grant-funded programs,
- Reviews travel requests to ensure all activities are within established budgets,
- Represents the Circuit Court at budgetary meetings and hearings,
- Performs other duties as assigned under the class specification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of governmental budgeting methods, and the operational relationships between the budgeting, accounting, and data processing in government and of management in general. Knowledge of the City of Baltimore’s budgetary process a is plus,
- Considerable knowledge of the regulations, rules, and procedures of grant and aid applications; ability to interpret grants and aid regulations; and prepare acceptable forms,
- Ability to analyze complex administrative problems and make sound policy and procedure recommendations as to their solution,
- Ability to develop, implement, and maintain a highly complex reporting system for budgetary or other management purposes,
- Ability to lead and participate in the collection, analysis, and presentation of management information as it relates to fiscal and management planning,
- Ability to appear before Judges, Court Administrator, City government, and public officials, and speak clearly and concisely in eliciting support for budget requests,
- Ability to write and edit management and analytical narrative reports and budget materials,
- Ability to perform accounting functions within an automated system,
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, with extensive knowledge of Excel,
- Analytical skills and attention to detail,
- Knowledge of the City of Baltimore’s procurement policies,
- Ability to work independently,
- Ability to exercise a high degree of judgment, tact, diplomacy, and competence when dealing with the Judiciary, public officials, professional personnel, members of the Bar, litigants, and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, public, or business administration with major course work in accounting, public/business administration, economics, finance, or a closely related field, plus three to five (3-5) years of experience at a professional level is required. Experience developing budget projections and justifications to support budgetary recommendations; analyzing fiscal issues; making recommendations to resolve issues; and participating in strategic budgetary planning is a plus. Experience and knowledge of the operations of the Maryland court system are preferred. Ability to interact professionally with judges, attorneys, public officials, and colleagues.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary range: $62,171-$80,940.
This position is open until filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Ms. Jacqueline Hale
Human Resources Department
Circuit Court for Baltimore City
111 N. Calvert Street, Room 244
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
**No phone calls please**
A Criminal Background Check and Alcohol & Drug screening will be conducted as a condition of employment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER