Streets Equipment Operator I or II
Equipment Operator I or II
City of Westminster
An Equipment Operator is responsible for performing a variety of essential duties related to assisting with the construction and maintenance of the City’s roads, streets, and highways, operating all equipment used in the department, including, but not limited to: dump trucks, backhoe, front-end loader, bobcat with different attachments, paver, roller, street sweeper, air hammer, chain saw, chop saw, tractor, riding lawn mower, snowplow, air compressor, and push mower in the completion of a variety of City construction and maintenance duties.
An Equipment Operator assists with preparations and cleans up for the City’s special events and programs, performs landscaping duties, cleans parks, and hauls materials and trash to disposal sites.
Equipment Operator I - $17.76/hour; must have a valid Class C driver’s license. Ability to obtain a CDL Class A license within one (1) year on the job. CDL Training Class A training offered.
Equipment Operator II - $21.11/hour; must already have a valid CDL Class A license.
Full-Time: 40-hour position
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short-Term Disability and Life)
- Paid Leave including Vacation, Sick, Family Sick, Personal, Personal Birthday, Bereavement and 10 Holidays
- Maryland State Pension System, 401(a) Matching Plan and 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Westminster Family Fitness Center Membership
Apply online at westminstermd.gov/jobs. Questions? Call 410-848-5236.
This position will remain open until filled. EOE.