UPDATED - Maintenance Mechanic, 2nd Shift; Water Treatment Plant
Salary: $23.01/hour plus $2.3010/hour differential for a permanent 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. shift
A Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing a variety of maintenance duties at the Water Treatment Plant, wells, and other water facilities under the general supervision of the assistant superintendent. Performs mechanical, plumbing, and electrical maintenance at the water treatment plant, wells, booster stations, and reservoirs on a variety of equipment including, but not limited to, lights, starters, autodialers, diesel generators, automatic switchovers, chlorinators, motors, and pumps.
A Maintenance Mechanic repairs, replaces, and installs new equipment at water treatment plant and wells as needed and removes pumps and motors for major repairs and overhauls at commercial repair shop. Keeps supervisor informed of unusual or detrimental conditions including equipment malfunctions and/or other problems.
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma GED;
- Three (3) years’ experience in mechanical and electrical disciplines in an industrial or waterworks setting. Carpentry and/or plumbing experience a plus.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and related experience.
- Possession of a valid Class B Commercial driver’s license with Tank vehicle and Air Brake endorsements;
- Possession of; or ability to obtain within one year on the job, a valid Class A Commercial driver’s license with Tank vehicle and Air Brake endorsement
- CDL Training Class A training offered.
Full-Time: 40-hour position
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short-Term Disability and Life)
- Paid Leave including Vacation, Sick, Family Sick, Personal, Personal Birthday, Bereavement and 10 Holidays
- Maryland State Pension System, 401(a) Matching Plan and 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Westminster Family Fitness Center Membership
Apply online at westminstermd.gov/jobs. Questions? Call 410-848-5236.
This position will remain open until filled. EOE.