Cost AccountantClass Produce Group LLC
Summary: The Cost Accountant will be primarily responsible for collecting and analyzing various types of data.
Job Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Collect and analyze data and identify opportunities to improve profitability
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs via discounts, price thresholds, changing buying patterns, vendor negotiations etc.
- Perform market analysis and forecasting
- Evaluate/recommend inventory and other controls as needed to reduce costs or increase profitability
- Effectively communicate with warehouse, operations, office and sales personnel
- Establish/Interpret predictive analytics based on KPIs and develop useful reports for management from this data
- Identify opportunities to improve operating efficiencies based on data analysis
- Work a flexible schedule with hours and days to reflect seasonal and business needs
Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance including cost accounting coursework; Two (2) or more years’ experience in accounting desired. Prior experience working in manufacturing or production process operations, distribution, produce or a fresh-cut/processing environment a plus.
Training, Skills, Licenses: Administrative/Accounting experience is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed. Proficiency with statistics is a plus. Proficient in MS Office; specifically Outlook, Word and Excel. Attention to detail a must. Ability to provide accurate information and analysis in a changing environment is essential. Accuracy with figures and the ability to work efficiently and independently as well as part of a team is critical.
Working Conditions: This position is located in an office environment with moderate to low noise levels and is typically sedentary. Daily use of a computer and phone system is necessary as is the requisite interaction with colleagues, management, teammates and fulfillment partners on various levels.