Sales RepresentativeClass Produce Group LLC
Summary: The Sales Representative will be responsible for marketing Class Produce Group products to new customers obtained by the sales person and existing customers assigned by management. In addition the salesperson will provide superior customer service to both his/her customers as well as other Class Produce Group customers.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Secures new accounts by spending time in the field, obtaining initial and repeat orders, utilizing excellent time management skills relative to planning and organizing daily and weekly work schedules to call on existing or potential customers
- Submits orders taken in person or by fax, phone and email to order entry. Double check accuracy of orders and follows up with customers to ensure customer delight
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual customer and competitive analysis
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products and merchandising techniques, etc.
- Become a partner with each customer and work together with them to grow their business using a consultative approach
- Recommend changes in products, service and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, making recommendations to management
Education Requirements: College degree is preferred, but not required, MS Office skills required, Knowledge of Prophet is a plus.
Training, Skills, Licenses: Prior produce sales required. Three (3) or more years of produce sales. Customer Service skills. Meeting Sales Goals. Closing Skills. Negotiation skills. Presentation Skills. Territory Management. Prospecting Skills.
Working Conditions: This position is located in an office environment with moderate to low noise levels and is typically sedentary. Daily use of a computer and phone system is necessary as well as interaction with staff, candidates and vendors.
The above statements reflect general details considered necessary to decide the essential functions of the job identified and is not a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Not all functions listed may be performed and other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.