Field Tech I
Who we are
Our Purpose is to help people enjoy a better life and communities thrive. Corix has been building, operating, and maintaining water, wastewater, electric, gas and sustainable energy utility infrastructure for many years across Canada and the U.S. Our vision is to be the preferred utility delivering co-created solutions our customers want. Throughout our history, we have helped communities to grow and thrive by implementing safe and efficient infrastructure solutions that meet their unique needs. At Corix our values are safety, integrity, excellence, and connection.
The Corix team has an opportunity for a Field Tech I based in Bel Air, MD. Responsible for the accurate and timely reading and recording of water meters to facilitate customer billing; to identify water meter equipment problems; and to perform minor water meter and/or system maintenance.
What you'll do
- Determines consistency of flow meter and lab report readings; reports unusual cases to supervisor.
- Inspects connections for defects, damage and unauthorized connections.
- Indicates irregularities on forms for necessary action by servicing department.
- Documents customer interaction and field activities in Lucity.
- Turns off service for nonpayment of charges in vacant premises, or on for new occupants.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records.
- Acts as liaison between the customers and customer service personnel for problem/complaint resolution.
- Assists with maintaining mechanical, electrical and piping systems for area water/wastewater facilities, collections and distribution systems.
- Constant, independent travel daily between worksites on Company time.
- Must work On-Call in rotation as scheduled; responds to emergency situations as required.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair duties.
- Assists with repairs of water/wastewater treatment plant equipment.
- Assists with ordering parts and job costing.
- May assist with on-site customer communication.
- May assist with customer inquiries, requests and minor issues regarding meter reading schedule, billing, other customer service related matters.
- May prepare a variety of operational reports related to wastewater activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Requires at least 2 years of mechanical work experience
Education and Certification
- High school Diploma or GED
- must maintain a valid driver's license.
Nice to Have
- Water meter reading experience preferred
- May be in process of obtaining Distribution and/or Collections Systems certificate or first-level plant operating license.
- Knowledge of cross connection regulations and ability to report violations and other unsafe conditions. General knowledge of wastewater systems, care and operation of a variety of tools and equipment, and safe work practices is helpful.
Physical and Technical Skills
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the customers, general public, co-workers, vendors and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to learn to read a variety of treatment systems.
- Ability to learn and understand tariffs as they apply to assigned duties.
- Ability to learn the methods, techniques, tools, equipment and materials used in the minor repairs.
- Ability to read maps, electrical schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and transfer digits accurately.
- Familiarity with computer applications MS Word, Excel and utilizing tablet and mobile device; ability to learn internal software programs Ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
- After-hour and weekend on-call support may be required
- Some travel may be required within service area
- Must be available to work shift work; weekend scheduling may be required
Life at Corix
- Paid Time Off and Holidays: We offer 18 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays,
- Health Benefits: The first day of the month after your start, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, health savings and flexible spending accounts and more.
- 401(k) Program: Employer contribution. Employer contribution made to the 401(k) plan are vested at 100% and start 30 days after your start.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include company provided life insurance, parental leave, Employee Assistance Program, discounted pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, and more
- Grow at Corix: Certifications/ Licenses reimbursement and more.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): ERGs are voluntary employee groups that form based on shared characteristics or backgrounds and are sponsored by the organization.
This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
Management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Corix Group of Companies is an E-Verify participating employer.
People Focused and Inclusive Culture
We attract and develop connected, high performing people of diverse background, ethnicities and experiences, who achieve their goals in alignment with our purpose, vision, and values. Creating an inclusive and respectful work environment where everyone is included and able to do their best work and feel as though they belong.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical condition), or any other characteristic protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.