Licensed Practical Nurse
David’s Loft Clinical Programs is seeking an LPN’s to work in a 16 Bed Residential Substance Use Treatment Program. The LPN under the direction of the Medical Director is a member of the health care team who functions with a high degree of independence, is self-directed, displays initiative and good judgment as well as leadership implementing nursing care. The LPN possesses the ability to carry out varied and complex nursing skills, while maintaining a safe environment. Major Duties and
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Accurately administers and records medications and treatments. Medication administration includes the IV route according to policy and under the supervision of the RN. This role includes determining need, contraindications, allergies, and identifying and recording reactions/interactions. The age-specific (the patient age less than 65 years and 65 years and older) and pharmacological implications are considered and applied during medication administration.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process in administering patient care by collecting data and collaborating with the interdisciplinary team on the care plan development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation and revision of plan of care. Recognizes age-specific variations of clients and makes appropriate interventions.
3. Identifies emergencies and intervenes appropriately.
4. Performs nursing procedures and therapies according to policies and procedures.
5. Performs technical nursing skills such as complex dressing changes and care of various tubes and drainage systems. Identifies potential factors that would impede healing and intervenes to prevent infection and promote healing.
6. Utilizes the nursing process with the knowledge of physiological, pharmacological, psychological, sociological principals and considers age-specific variation and developmental needs.
7. Performs support duties for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures which include preparing the patient, providing nursing care associated with the procedure, and monitoring the patient's condition.
8. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the patient's treatment and discharge plan.
Work Schedule: Shift
Monday - Friday 12:00 noon to 8 pm.
Education: Graduate of a school of practical or vocational nursing program approved by the State of Maryland
Licensure: Full, active, current and unrestricted licensure as a licensed practical in the State of Maryland.