Assembly Test Technician
Assembly Test Technician
Knorr Brake in partnership with Dial-A-Temp Staffing
Location: Westminster, MD.
Great company in Westminster, MD has immediate openings for Assembly Test Technicians, 1st shift, competitive wages!
The MS Assembly Test Technician performs basic mechanical and/or electrical assembly of components to build contactors and resistors for use in the rail car industry according to drawing specifications. This role will also be responsible for the test and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment, utilizing various measurement devices, hand and power tools.
- Assemble parts or components to build a whole new product.
- Contribute in fitting, building, or reconstruction of various parts to ensure smooth process of component amalgamation.
- Study, read, and understand the schematic diagrams, blueprints, product manuals, process documents, and gather information regarding its parts, fixtures, tools, etc.
- Set up, arrange, and operate equipment (if applicable), as per the specifications and instructions from the Cell Leader or Supervisor.
- Perform regular test and inspection procedures to ensure that the product is formed in accordance with the specifications.
- Implement and identify needs for improvement by conveying it to the senior personnel, so that quality of products is maintained
- Monitor the shelf life of any consumables used to complete the build process. Follow all established disposal methods associated with consumable material.
- Provide support and assistance to other colleagues, as directed, and any other duties as requested.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment and ensure the compliance with the company's rules and policies.
- Must be able to comply with quality, product safety, and HSE rules and regulations. Be energy conscious, if applicable.
- Technical Capacity: controls and instrumentation, ability to read and understand drawings and bills of material (BOM)
- Mechanical Aptitude: equipment maintenance, mechanical inspection tools and tooling
- Time Management to ensure production requirements are met
- Strong Problem Solving, Troubleshooting, and Decision Making
*Job decisions are guided by policy, routine, and procedures
- Verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
- Safety & Quality Focus
This job primarily operates in a climate-controlled, shop floor production environment. The employee will be exposed to noise, heat, cold, dust, and dirt. Additionally, this role may also be required to perform some duties in an office environment on a computer terminal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend at the waist, kneel, crouch, use hands for fine and gross manipulation to handle, grip, and grasp objects and tools, and reach with arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma
2. 0-2 Years related (manufacturing) experience or Technical Degree or Certificate in lieu of experience
Please send your resume to us by clicking the Apply button below.