HVAC Chief #101716Facilities Management at the University of Maryland, College Park
Facilities Management at the University of Maryland, College Park
HVAC Chief Low Temp - Position 101716
Facilities Management at the University of Maryland, College Park, seeks an expert senior mechanic to install, service and repair residential and commercial refrigeration. Duties include servicing walk-in and reach-in coolers, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, growth chambers, incubators and ice machines; servicing and operating residential and light commercial heat pump and industrial centralized air conditioning systems up to 100 tons; servicing units and systems across HVAC Zones.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED and a valid Class “C” driver’s license or equivalent with fewer than 6 points.
- Universal CFC certification required.
- A minimum of 10 years-progressively responsible experience in the HVAC field including the knowledge and experience to size refrigeration equipment, evaporators, condensers, and compressors; size, install and service refrigerant specific components such as refrigeration piping, valves and filter dryers.
- Specific knowledge of the practices and techniques used in the installation, repair, and maintenance of HVAC equipment and systems, including DDC controls (preferably STAEFA); of refrigerant types, environmental impact, and gas reclamation procedures and equipment required.
- Position is subject to 24-hour/day, 7-day/week span of operation.
- Benefits include health, dental, vision and prescription insurance plans, tuition remission for employees and dependents, and participation in the State pension system.
The University of Maryland is an EOE/AA Employer Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities are Encouraged to Apply