HVAC Electrical Systems Supervisor #101668Facilities Management at the University of Maryland College Park
Facilities Management at the University of Maryland College Park
HVAC Electrical Systems Supervisor
HVAC Electrical Systems Supervisor - Position 101668
Facilities Management at the University of Maryland College Park seeks an expert mechanic to direct the daily operations of a team of HVAC electricians working on electrical and electronic systems in support of the campus HVAC systems; incumbent also serves as an expert mechanic for the equipment and systems in the area of responsibility. Duties include directing, planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, inspecting and supervising the technical, electrical and electronics maintenance work and installation services rendered by unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled workers; modifying electrical systems to make them function properly; conducting ultrasonic testing; and, providing expert level trouble shooting and diagnostics for electrical systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or High School education with an equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years-experience in the Electrical industry (fourteen years-experience without a Bachelor’s degree) including at least three (3) years at a supervisory level where direct supervision or field responsibility can be demonstrated is required.
- Journeyman Electrician license required.
- Must have a valid Class “C” driver’s license or equivalent with fewer than 6 points Preferences include additional trade school or vocational college level course certification in the HVAC industry; high level of experience and knowledge with electrical work and the NEC; and, strong working knowledge of low voltage controls.
- Master Electrician, Master HVAC or DC-3rd license preferred.
Salary is based on qualifications and experience. Position is Essential and subject to 24-hour/day, 7-day/week span of operation. Benefits include health, dental, vision and prescription insurance plans, tuition remission for employees and dependents, and participation in the State pension system.
The University of Maryland is an EOE/AA Employer Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities are Encouraged to Apply.