We are a growing accounting Firm looking for a senior accountant with an accounting or finance degree or related experience, with locations in Frederick and Middletown, Maryland. We specialize in small business solutions and financial planning. This position will work closely with clients to perform various day to day accounting duties, as well as working with management and team. Daily duties include but are not limited to: Accounts Payable processing, Accounts Receivable processing, Payroll, Reconciliation of bank accounts, and Monthly Closings. Here you will have the opportunity to grow and learn the ins and outs of running a small business. Please view our website at www.fnacpa.com.
Included benefits are:
- SIMPLE Retirement Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 90% of Health Insurance Premium covered by Employer
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Remote Work Capability
Main responsibility is: Main point of contact for their clients and will be the point of contact for all services provided. Also, secondary point of contact and workload manager for their assigned clients under management. Will provide day to day support for the below activities:
Accounting and Bookkeeping: 80%
- Accounts Payable: Responsible for collecting various data from client including bills to be paid, credit card transactions, and direct withdrawal from bank accounts. Responsible for coding the accounts payable, posting in the accounting software, & preparing checks for payment.
- Accounts Receivable: Collecting billing information for the purpose of invoicing on behalf of our client’s customers, including frequency, format, and method of transmittal of these invoices to our client’s customers. Responsible for preparing customer invoices, entering in the accounting system, collecting payments and recording such collections in the accounting system. Preparing and transmittal of sales taxes when required.
- Payroll: Collecting payroll data such as hours, rate & frequency of payroll. Receiving approved time activities from clients, entering into accounting software, calculating gross to net payroll. Preparing the ACH records for direct deposit, transmitting the payroll tax payments, forwarding paystubs to client employees, and filing the required monthly, quarterly, and annual tax forms related to payroll.
- Cash Management: Collecting banking information such as bank statements, and transactions, credit card statements etc. Responsible for keeping accurate accounting related to cash flow using the accounting software. Reconciling bank accounts on monthly basis.
- General Journal: Responsible for proper classification of expenses and revenues regarding business entity type, potential tax implications, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Report Production: Preparing reports to be delivered to clients on a consistent basis, working with the QC/ Client on the format & frequency of such reports.
- Income Tax Preparation: Collecting data and preparing income tax return for their client’s business and personal returns if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned based on client needs.
Management Duties for clients and staff under management: 20%
- First point of contact to staff questions
- Review and manage proper workflow
- Issues arise from day-to-day operations of clients.
- Maintain client relationships between staff and clients.
- Financial Planning and Analysis of clients
- Recognize client needs/deficiencies and discuss with manager
- Support for clients under management when primary client rep is unavailable
- Recommend client assignments in your team
- Perform Quality Control duties