Senior Tax Accountant
The Senior Tax Accountant performs complex tax preparation, tax research and tax planning under manager/supervisor supervision; Provides work direction and technical guidance to less experienced staff; Contacts clients to resolve minor tax matters; Performs tax planning under direct supervision; may be assigned other responsibilities.
- Strong organization and follow-up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired
- Demonstrates understanding of the importance of, and is willing to follow, current procedures; aligns with the vision, mission and core values of Faragalla and Associates.
- Demonstrated ability to develop good relationships with clients and meet their
- Excellent interpersonal skills to handle multiple clients’ needs and
- Ability and willingness to travel to client
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and
- Communicates assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills that are clear, concise, and considerate of the needs of others; demonstrates good or developing negotiation
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid
- Organize personal effort along with those of junior staff to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times, assist junior staff assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard staff career progression and proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities.
- Demonstrates good multi-tasking skills and ability work on multiple projects simultaneously, with minimal direction.
- Self-motivated individual who demonstrates enthusiasm for work and position on a consistent-basis.
People Development & Teamwork
- Provides training assistance and constructive feedback to staff
- Prepares and leads training sessions as
- Works cooperatively with others and values the different contributions people
- Good awareness of other departments in the firm with risk, control, and governance responsibilities and what is necessary for successful tactical collaboration and information
- Participates in the firm’s practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities, and achieves annual practice development goals established for the position.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change. Demonstrates a willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information and
- Ability to handle pressure in a positive professional
- Displays technical proficiency in tax preparation and assembly of related
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of tax law including the ability to perform tax research and to prepare technical memorandums as
- Prepares federal, state and local tax
- Prepares more difficult quarterly estimated tax and extension payments and corresponding
- Interfaces with taxing authorities and assists with gathering the information for federal, state and local tax audits.
- Ensures that work papers and tax returns are prepared in accordance with firm
- Displays the ability to independently identify problem areas early, research technical issues, and proactively resolve
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and use of internet
- Experience with QuickBooks, ProSystem Engagement, ProSystem fx Tax, ProSystem fx Document, CCH Intelliconnect, BNA Income Tax Planner and XCM required for incumbents, and preferred for new
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally, a minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a staff accountant or equivalent in the public accounting field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of accounting required – a Master’s Degree
- A minimum of 40 hours of CPE is required each year to maintain and develop technical and supervisory skills, and license
- Participates in career development programs to improve supervisory, communication, and interpersonal
Licenses and Certificates:
- A current and valid CPA license is
- If licensed, must be a member in good standing with the
English language proficient with the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documentation and to write routine business correspondence.
Ability to solve practical problems and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional same day travel for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This job description sets forth responsibilities for the Senior Tax Accountant position at Faragalla and Associates and may be changed from time to time as determined by the firm.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employees will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor or other management as required. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.