Maintenance Mechanic - Federal ReserveFederal Reserva Bank of Richmond
Baltimore, MD Full-time
Posted on January 13, 2019
Maintenance Mechanic - Federal Reserve
Installs/Repairs plumbing, mechanical & electrical components. Strongly prefer 5 plus years of experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following)
- Performs moderately complex troubleshooting and repairs of a non-routine nature to a variety of plumbing, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic components.
- Responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal.
- Conducts scheduled inspections, service, and preventive maintenance for complex multi-component systems and equipment.
- Assist in moderately complex construction and/or installation activities related to facility MEP structure, infrastructure, and furnishings.
- Participate or lead stretch assignments.
- May perform operational duties requiring monitoring and adjustment of equipment or processes while they are functioning in order to optimize availability, capability, and yield.
- Assists mechanics and other trades with incidental duties in more complex repairs or activities as required.
- Assists as needed with conference room setups, snow/ice removal and inclement weather clean up.
- Performs all duties in strict adherence to OSHA and safety requirements.
- Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the Facility Services Department.
- Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated with light construction projects.
- Proficient with a variety of hand tools, electric meters, material handling equipment in performing assignments.
- Perform repairs in all types of weather.
- Attend training as required.