HR ManagerForman Inc.
Forman, Inc. has been providing quality food service disposables and sanitary maintenance products since our founding in 1945. Forman, Inc. distributes products from over 100 manufacturers to a vast array of national and regional wholesale distributors out of a 140,000 square foot food grade warehouse.
Forman currently has an opening for a HR Manager who will handle all HR & payroll functions of 50+ employees in a one person HR department. The position will report directly to the Director of Finance. The position will be located at our headquarters in Windsor Mill, Maryland just outside the Baltimore beltway.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process bi-weekly payroll including salary changes, benefit deductions, tax deductions, and other payroll related items
- Administer benefits programs such as life, health, vision, and dental insurance, 401k, vacation, & sick leave
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Handle worker’s compensation, unemployment, legal compliance & other administrative tasks
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Work collaboratively with managers on the recruiting and selection process
- Manage and conduct new employee orientations
- Recommend and coordinate training and development opportunities
- Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, employee relations, safety, and sexual harassment
- Update employee manuals and handbooks, job descriptions, performance appraisals, and other employee correspondence
- Support and administer HR goals and objectives developed in conjunction with management
- Support Warehouse location in Laurel, Maryland
The successful candidate will:
- Be detail oriented, organized, and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all matters related to the position
- Have a professional demeanor and excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Excel & Word
- Have a strong goal orientation, self-motivation, and independent “hands on” worker
- Have a solid knowledge of employment principles, procedures, and laws/regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or closely related field
- 3+ years HR & payroll experience required
- Experience with a union environment preferred
- Experience with Paychex a plus
- SHRM or other equivalent HR certification a plus
- Distribution industry experience a plus
Forman offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision coverage; life insurance; long term disability; 401K; paid holidays; vacation pay, sick pay, personal days and a good work life balance.