TeacherFREDERICK COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Teachers are responsible for practices and behaviors which demonstrate necessary teaching competencies, effective classroom management, positive personal qualities, and other instructional matters. The role of the teacher is to ensure that all students have equal instructional opportunities and to create a classroom environment in which teaching and learning are challenging, dynamic, and comprehensive. The teaching of the essential curriculum of each teacher’s discipline is grounded in the understanding that the aim of education is personal growth, the development of individual talents, abilities, and values; the acquisition of knowledge; and the pursuit of understanding.
Reporting directly to the school principal, the teacher performs the following duties:
* Provide for instructional needs and interests of students with the aid of appropriate and effective daily lesson planning.
* Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and where classroom time is utilized effectively.
* Demonstrate the use of a variety of teaching techniques and the use of a variety of instructional resources and materials to implement approved curriculum.
* Use evaluation effectively to promote student growth and development intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally.
*Demonstrate fair, firm, and consistent behavior towards students and promote self-discipline among students.
* Demonstrate effective communication skills and positive interpersonal relations with students, parents, staff, and community.
*Guide the learning process toward the achievement of school system goals and objectives by following school board policies and administrative procedures.
*Assist administration and other staff members in reaching the mission for the school by applying ethical standards in professional relationships.
* Strive to maintain and improve professional competencies.
* Supervise students in a variety of school settings.
* Maintain appropriate records.
* Monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
* Regular and predictable attendance.
Performs other duties as assigned by the school principal.