Certified Medical Assistant
The successful candidate will have 2-3 years of experience assisting partner clinicians in ambulatory, physician practice setting.
Specific job duties include:
- Performs clinical and administrative duties in an Ambulatory setting consistent with policies and procedures.
- Works under the supervision of a physician and performs data collection, venipuncture, laboratory testing, patient follow up, and assisting providers with patient exams.
- This position documents, as appropriate, in the medical records and supports optimal patient flow.
Education: High school graduation or equivalent; completion of an approved Medical Assistant program.
Experience: 1-3 years experience working in an ambulatory care medical office, preferably in a paperless environment; minimum of externship in a medical or ambulatory health setting. 2 years back office medical experience strongly preferred.
- CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) by the American Association of Medical Assistants or
- RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) through the American Medical Technologists or equivalent within 6 months from hire date;
- CPR Certification.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute; basic computer skills; excellent verbal /written communication and customer service skills.
- Clinical competency as verified during the initial 180 day orientation period and annually thereafter.
- Computer and Electronic Medical Record skills and ability to function in a variable clinical setting.
You are responsible for the following:
- Collecting patient information.
- Obtain and record patient's vital signs: temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height.
- Report assessment findings to practitioner and records on appropriate documentation forms in a timely manner.
- Perform chart review prior to clinic visit to obtain historical data.
- Monitor patient status recognizing and reporting abnormal findings or changes in condition.
- Perform delegated procedures common to the specialty area in a safe, effective, and efficient manner according to Clinical Practice Policy and Procedures.
- Identify patient's need for additional information, and refer to appropriate healthcare resources.
- Complete all relevant tasks in regards to prescription refills; fax pharmacies, follow up with patient and pharmacies.
- Always close the loop by providing the service requested by the patient in a timely manner that is well documented in the patient record. This includes documentation of all telephone requests as well as updating clinical records.
- Perform other duties as
Contact: Jeanne Gayle at 443.643.4724.
Harford Gastroenterology Associates is an equal opportunity employer.