Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Howard County Tourism Council, Inc.
Salary: $20.00 hourly up to 40 hours per week
Visit Howard County serves as the lead organization to market and develop Howard County, Maryland as
a premier leisure and business travel destination. We are an energetic and innovative organization of
talented and dedicated professionals who fulfill our mission by integrating the organization's work with
our partners and serving as a credible advocate for Howard County's tourism industry.
View the 2022 Visitors Guide HERE.
Click HERE to view our official website.
The Howard County Tourism Council, Inc. (DBA Visit Howard County) seeks a dynamic and experienced
marketing and communications professional to join its team and serve in a support position reporting
directly to the Marketing & Communications Manager.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for developing marketing campaigns
that will showcase Howard County, Maryland as a go-to destination. The position will update and
maintain the Visit Howard County website, maintain the CMS, serve as the project lead for social media
posts and paid social advertising, create print and digital assets, and assist in writing collateral and with
media. This position reports to the Marketing & Communications Manager.
This is an hourly, benefitted, position with up to 40 hours per week. Howard County Tourism Council
offers competitive benefits and a friendly, fast-paced work environment.
● Update website and maintain web content and design.
● Maintain CMS including event submissions.
● Assist in developing marketing campaigns for various programs and initiatives.
● Coordinate print and digital ad creation and other materials (i.e., flyers, info-graphics, programs,
other branded materials, etc.).
● Create monthly consumer e-newsletter and blog.
● Prepare weekly member e-newsletter.
● Responds to queries and comments on social media channels.
● Attend and network at marketing events including weekends and evenings.
● Copywriting for ads and website.
● Project management for advertising creative.
● Analyze and report on data KPI’s.
● Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager in the coordination of promotions with Maryland
Office of Tourism, other Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and with other affiliated
● Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager with communications materials, including but
not limited to press releases, media advisories, and pitches.
● Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager with media broadcast opportunities as well as
media familiarization tours.
● Perform other duties aligned with annual strategy.
● Experience in marketing, advertising, business, or related field.
● Experience in tourism, destination management, and/or hospitality marketing preferred.
● Experience in navigating social media platforms and executing social posts and paid advertising.
● Ability to use standard office software, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva Design Platform, email
software, tourism data platforms, and CRM/CMS applications—such as SimpleView—at an
intermediate to advanced level.
● Maintains knowledge and expands usage of technical marketing and administrative tools and
● Excellent interpersonal, written, oral communication, and organizational skills.
● Excellent leadership, and relationship-building skills.
● Ability to report to the Visit Howard County office up to five (5) days per week.
● Occasional company-sponsored travel, including evenings, overnight, and weekend travel. May
require out of state travel.
This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and
other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an
incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as
Howard County Tourism and Promotion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.