Director of Warehouse OperationsHP Hood
Director of Warehouse Operations can be located in one of our Northeast Locations - Batavia NY, Oneida NY, Winchester VA or Philadelphia, PA.
Relocation Package Available
Are you a self-driven person looking to advance your career as a high-impact player on a team? If so, we have an exciting challenge for you and your future!
HP Hood’s culture is built on value commitments to innovation, quality, results, integrity, community, people, and collaboration that fosters strong employee engagement, teamwork, safety and wellness.
We offer a relocation package along with a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, wellness programs, employee discount programs, 401k matches tuition reimbursement, ongoing development, advancement opportunities and more. This position is also eligible for a bonus program.
Founded in 1846, today HP Hood is one of the largest and most trusted food and beverage manufacturers in the United States. Our portfolio of national and super-regional brands and licensed products includes Hood, Heluva Good, Lactaid, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Hershey’s Milk & Milkshakes and more.
The Director of Warehouse has control and necessary oversight to coordinate all the activities and responsibilities of the entire warehousing organization within the ESL Division with HP Hood LLC. This position is responsible for all receiving, shipping, inventory, quality control, budgetary concerns, safety standards, productivity, morale, and cost efficiency for warehouse operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and directs the business and operational functions in all division warehouses and manages the facilities maintenance to support and execute against the overall company strategy by instilling a proactive C.I methodology and strategic outlook.
- Develops a talented staff to support and execute the company strategy by setting clear direction, stretch goals, distributes work appropriately, plans activities, drives for results, follows-up and rewards doers.
- Assists company leadership in setting company strategy and direction all division warehouses based on future business development opportunities, external factors, emerging technologies, and customer needs.
- Manages multiple projects at once; plans, arranges, organizes and negotiates contracts, services, vendors, and communicates status on a regular basis.
- Reports and presents financials, projects, and goals to executive team, advisory board, and peers as needed.
- Responsible and accountable for overall budget of the division Warehouses, facilities maintenance, and capital projects.
- Works with local leadership on budget achievement as a cost per case, equipment handling buying accountability, and productivity/ throughput.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Oversees all warehouse operations of 5 warehouses within the ESL division with 5 dotted line reports.
- Travel (which will include overnights) will be required to other company sites 50-75%.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relative experience; or a minimum of 10 years of relative experience Warehouses.
- Experience working in a manufacturing and/or distribution company of Refrigerated short shelf life products preferred.
- Experience working in a medium to large multi-location company, operating multiple shifts on a 7 x 24 basis preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- Operations management responsibility in a 24x 7 operation.
- Must be a strong collaborator and team player.
- SAP and strong analytical computer based skills
- Effective communicator.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Ability to apply independent discretion and judgment.
HP Hood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Female / Minority/ Veteran/ Disabled "VERVRAA Federal Contractor "