J.A. Myers Building and Development Inc. is seeking an experienced Estimator/Project Manager to help assist the Land Development team. The person for this position will be responsible for creating project estimates and keeping track of progress throughout the duration of the entire project. This includes creating project schedules, budgets, coordinating with subcontractors and vendors, analyzing the difference between estimated and actual cost, and knowledge to complete site inspections to identify status, progress and risk management. The goal of this position will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time without exceeding budget. Salary based off of experience.
- Estimate civil construction project
- Develop budgets
- Obtaining and evaluating vendor and subcontractor pricing
- Attend prebid meetings and verify preexisting conditions
- Issue RFI (request for Information)
- Negotiate contracts
- Impose critical path schedule to determine project duration
- Create , Review, and maintain all due diligence property documents and reports
- Provide Site Inspections to identify status, progress, and risk management
- Coordinate and communicate with engineers and municipal personnel
- Maintaining Vendor/Subcontractor relationships
- Must be well versed in civil construction practices and procedures.
- Strong ability to read and interpret plans
- Knowledge with Sharpsoft Estimating program, Agtek, and Take off software a plus
- Verbal, written, comprehension, active listening communication skills, and attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Time Management
- Must be able to read blueprints and determine project scope.
Minimum 1yr estimating and project management experience