Arborist - Groundsperson
Enjoy the outdoors? You can get paid to work outside and grow your career as a Grounds Person at Lewis Tree Service. It is a great way to get into a growing industry offering next-level stability.
Who are we? We are the second largest vegetation management company in North America, and we're continually growing! While we trim trees, we're really in the people success business. As an employee-owned company, we offer:
- Specialized paid training & certifications
- Planned career advancement opportunities
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Robust health insurance plans
- Paid Time-Off
- Retirement & savings plans options
- Employee assistance program
At Lewis, you can count on us for stable, daytime work all year long. And just as you can depend on us, we rely on you to help our team trim and removes trees by climbing or with the aid of an aerial lift (under the direct supervision of a crew leader or qualified line clearance tree trimmer.) You'll load and unload trucks with logs, brush and debris and feed brush into brush chipper. Additionally, with the aid of hand lines and tools at ground level, you'll lower limbs and equipment, as well as spray stumps and brush. Drive and operates trucks and other equipment as assigned.
Maintaining equipment is another critical aspect of the job, and we'll count on you to report the need for repairs of trucks and equipment to the crew leader. Safety-first is our mindset, so we depend on each team member to help enforce safety practices, guarding employees and the public from hazards in and around the working area.
Who You Are - if someone were describing you, they might say you are:
1) Open-Minded: open to new ideas, willing to listen and observe, humble
2) Love the Outdoors: enjoys varying environments/weather, not afraid to get dirty, adventurous
3) Self-Motivated: driven, strong work ethic, willing to "do what it takes"
4) Adaptable: can think on your feet, agile, flexible
5) Collaborative: strong people skills, able to give and receive constructive feedback, willing to speak up, and able to work as part of a tight-knit team.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
1) The ability to perform physical labor such as lifting a minimum of 50 lbs to shoulder height or more.
2) Capability of operating two-handed equipment (chain saw, circular saw, etc.) and have the physical ability to endure extreme climate variances.
3) Are willing and able to obtain specialized training and certifications as required (we'll help you!), such as:
a) Tree species identification
b) Local, state and federal licenses
c) First Aid and CPR cards
4) To pass a pre-employment drug test
You don't have to be stuck behind a desk to enjoy a stable career. Apply to join us today!