Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development Procurement OfficerMaryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)
Work that matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in affordable housing and community development. Our team needs a Procurement Officer that will challenge the status quo, effectively communicate ideas and issues, independently implement practical and efficient solutions, believe change is good, and want to come to work knowing that what they do makes a difference.
The Division of Finance and Administration is seeking a qualified, enthusiastic candidate to fill a Procurement Officer position in its Division of Finance and Administration. This position will be responsible for the development of solicitations as well as the management of departmental contracts.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Housing and Community Development
7800 Harkins Road
Lanham, Maryland 20706
(Headquarters is located in Prince George's County across from the New Carrollton Metro stop)
The main purpose of this job is to provide support of a financial, analytical and administrative nature to employees in the Department while maintaining strong internal controls, thereby supporting the goals and mission of DHCD and the Division, as described in the Managing for Results (MFR) documents.
A Procurement Officer I is the full performance level of professional work, for State agency positions, in the procurement of equipment, services, construction, supplies, information technology and other needs which are obtained through the competitive process, negotiated procurement process and procurement methods. Employees in this classification receive general supervision and provide agency procurement technical interpretation, instruction, guidance and assistance in accordance with State laws and regulations.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Option 1: Two years (Option 2: one year) of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as : soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
1. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university, at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of State of Maryland procurement experience.
Excellent Microsoft Office Word skills, specifically in the preparation and analysis of solicitations and contracts.
Experience in conducting the full life-cycle of procurement.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not done so already must obtain and possess certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to Department of Housing and Community Development, Office of Human Resources, 7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD. 20706. Paper application materials must be received by close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please email to: email@example.com
Please include the following information in the body of the email:
Attn: Mrs. Kathleen Hubbard, HR Coordinator
Your First and Last Name
Recruitment # and Job Title
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Housing and Community Development, Office of Human Resources at 301-429-7418.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.