Policy Intern – Regulatory AffairsMaryland Energy Administration
Policy Intern – Regulatory Affairs
Join the Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) as we transform energy for the State of Maryland.
This position will have an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of shaping and implementing Maryland’s energy policies to help the State become more competitive, innovative, and affordable. We are looking for the best and the brightest individuals to join the team to make Maryland one of the nation’s leaders in affordable, reliable, and cleaner energy.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest issues related to energy policy at both the state and federal levels.
• Investigate best policy practices in other states and assist in policy development in Maryland.
• Follow Maryland regulatory proceedings, including managing timelines for deliverables.
• Conduct research to inform Agency testimony, filings, and other public-facing communications.
• Attend official meetings on behalf of MEA and assist other Agency teams and initiatives as needed.
Candidates should have at least a bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, public policy, or another related field. Course work or prior experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree. Experience in energy policy and related issues is preferred.
This is a full-time internship position and does not accrue full benefits. Pay is dependent on highest completed level of education and position has the ability to be extended or develop within the organization.