Administrative Support/Secretary, Courier, Distribution ClerkMARYLAND GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Maryland General Assembly Support Staff for the 2019 Legislative Session
Job requirements vary by position but some may include computer skills. If so, proficiency in Microsoft Word is a must; good typing, spelling and grammar skills, excellent communication skills with demonstrated customer service experience, ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, and availability for overtime and shift work as required to meet legislative deadlines. Proficiency test may be administered.
Salary range is $10.50 to $16.50 per hour depending on position.
Resumes that do not meet the requirements above will not be considered.
Positions included are:
- Administrative Support/Secretary – Format and print correspondence, reports, workgroup assignments, state regulations, and analyses. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Courier – Delivery of bills and other miscellaneous legislative documents.
- Distribution Clerk - Assist in sorting and delivering of bills. Receive/distribute incoming and outgoing faxes and all metered mail.
- Document Processing Operator – Perform formatting, editing changes, and printing of legislative documents. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Office Assistant - Assist with tracking legislation, answering phones, copying, filing and delivering bills and other miscellaneous legislative documents.
- Proofreader/Editor - Read final documents to ensure the format and content conform to the department’s style guide and are free of errors.
- Public Information Clerk - Provide basic legislative information to the General Assembly and the public. This position involves substantial contact with the public both in person and over the telephone.
- Recycling Clerk - Pick up and empty recyclable material, sort and ship to appropriate vendors.
Department of Legislative Services is an EOE.
You may also send resume with letter of interest indicating the position(s) for which you are applying to: Human Resources, Code 23/18C (Code # is required on all resumes. Please state position applied for), Department of Legislative Services, 90 State Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401-1991 or visit our website http://dls.maryland.gov/