Document Processing Operator (Legislative Assistant I)MARYLAND GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Maryland General Assembly Document Processing Operator (Legislative Assistant I)
- Word processing of bills and other legislative documents for the General Assembly, as well as departmental reports and publications.
- Formatting, printing, and electronic organizing and storage of documents.
- Reviewing and checking work product for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to office standards and guidelines.
- Cross-training on select functions within the office.
- Various administrative tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite 2013.
- Excellent word processing, spelling and grammar skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-talk in a team environment.
- Availability to work unpredictable and extended hours (nights and weekends) in order to complete legislative deadlines throughout the legislative session or at other periods as needed.
The Department of Legislative Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.