Chief Information Officer - Executive VII
The State Treasurer’s Office (STO) is responsible for receiving, depositing, investing and distributing State funds in order to meeting the financial obligations of the State. Additionally, the Office conducts bond sales to ensure the State’s financial ability to meet fiscal obligations. STO also provides lease-purchase financing for capital equipment for State agencies and handles insurance needs for State government. The agency’s IT Division provides information processing system support for all agency activities.
The Chief Information Officer is an Executive Service position that leads the IT Division. This position is responsible for establishing, planning and administering the goals and policies for the IT Division to meet the agency’s IT and data needs. Duties encompass maintaining and enhancing the operations integrity of all business applications systems, technical infrastructure, and system and data security to meet the needs of the agency in servicing the citizens of the State of Maryland and State of Maryland agencies.
- Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage all IT staff including reviews, roles and responsibilities, training, delegation of assignments and monitoring of performance;
- Management and reporting on IT Division projects and bringing those projects to successful completion within budget, scope, and time line;
- Manage all IT operation of the IT Department including Help Desk, network infrastructure, Microsoft Azure Cloud systems and applications, IT security, Desktops, email, DR and BR operations, office applications, and master file transfer systems and programs to other agencies and partners;
- Develop, implement and maintain a 3-year technology master plan that aligns the agency’s technology services, strategic initiatives, and initiatives adjoining the State’s technology initiatives, agency budget and STO business unit needs;
- Implementation of technology solutions and business process transformations to keep the agency data processing services efficient and effective;
- Develop and manage contracts with outside data processing firms for services and products;
- Prepare and manage annual IT budget, monitor and verify expenses, renew IT product and service contracts, develop strategic plans, and provide support to all areas of IT; and
- Participate in state IT activities and ensure agency meets all state IT policies
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 10+ years of IT experience, including 5+ years of management responsibilities for a technical application and infrastructure team comprised of technical staff with responsibilities for network infrastructure, business applications, cloud services, server operations, help desk, data security, budgets, and project planning
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing large scale IT projects.
- The ability to effectively communicate complex technical topics with all levels of associates including management as well as the versatility to work in a small but critically important agency where hands on support of operations is as critical as providing executive level advice
- Knowledge or, or experience with state government operations, IT procurement processes, Microsoft technology, Dynamics 365, web services, custom development and Azure cloud services
- Experience working with a small staff (<10) while supporting an office of nearly 60 users engaged in a mix of telework and onsite employment
- Experience building external State or federal agency and banking relationships; including those with oversight and auditing responsibilities.
This is a full-time position with State employment benefits including paid holidays, vacation/sick/personal leave, subsidized medical, dental and prescription plans, pension plan, 401(k)/457 plans, employee credit union, direct deposit, and paid parking. Please submit resume’ along with your application. General questions may be directed to Cissy Blasi at 410-260-6382.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service and encourage them to apply.