Deputy Director of Banking Services (Treasury Specialist VII)Maryland State Treasurer's Office
Treasury Specialist VII
“DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF BANKING SERVICES”
Hiring Range: $60,543 - $88,424
(Salary Guidelines apply for State Employees)
CLOSING DATE: October 15, 2018
The Maryland State Treasurer’s Office is seeking an individual to serve as the Deputy Director of Banking Services. This position will be responsible for assisting the Director in executing the agency mission and strategizing operational tactics needed to achieve success. The position will need to identify, approve and support productivity initiatives that improve efficiency and execute operations while leading, inspiring and developing a high quality, talented team that supports the future needs of the agency. Some of the principal duties include:
- Manage daily operations of the Banking Services Department, which includes reconciliation of the State’s main bank accounts, processing of bank adjustments and posting of transactions in excess of $175 billion to the State’s general ledger annually.
- Identify the needs of the division and manage the professional development of the staff in order to facilitate the goals of the department.
- Act as a liaison between the banks and State agencies. Implement new services offered by the banks to solve problems identified by the agencies in their effort to serve the public.
- Analyze the current operations and structure of various programs and systems and improve efficiency in providing services to all State agencies.
- Work with agency management staff, project managers and contractors, as well as other designated key personnel, to assist with the development and implementation of a new financial management system for the State Treasurer’s Office
Candidates must have excellent organizational, communication and people skills, must be effective at team-building, and must be able to prove demonstrated ability in working as a hands-on manager. The incumbent must possess the highest level of initiative and professional judgment. Candidates should possess a strong banking operations background.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university.
- MBA in Finance, Accounting or Business
- 5 or more years of managerial experience in the banking or finance industry
Notes: Applicants will be subject to a background investigation to include credit and criminal history. General questions may be directed to the STO Personnel Office at 410-260-7078.
Job opportunities within the Maryland State Treasurer’s Office are accessible through JobAps, the Statewide Recruitment, Examination and Applicant Tracking System. By using the Department filter and highlighting “Office of the Treasurer,” you can view all active recruitments within our agency. First time users can register for an account by selecting a position to apply for, choosing “I am a new user” at the bottom, then keying in the necessary fields. Go to https://jobapscloud.com/md/ to apply.
If you do not have access to the Internet and need to fill out a paper application, please forward to: Maryland State Treasurer’s Office, 80 Calvert Street, Room 109, Annapolis, Maryland 21401, Attn: Human Resources. Resumes may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-260-4090.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.