Operations & Small Procurement Specialist
Looking to take your office management experience to the next level? Heard about the great benefits working for the State? Come work for the Office of the Maryland State Treasurer.
What makes us so special? We are one of only four Constitutional Offices in the Executive Branch of State Government!
The constitutional and statutory provisions relating to the Office of the State Treasurer can be found in Articles I, III, V, VI, and XII of the Maryland Constitution; Title 5 of the State Government Article; and Titles 2 and 6-9 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
The MD State Treasurer’s Office is seeking a highly organized individual with keen oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills and sound judgment, and reliable attention to detail to support administrative and procurement functions of the agency. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently and in teams, and under pressure of multiple deadlines in order to meet established goals and deadlines.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience in performing secretarial or clerical work in an office environment.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications: One year of the required experience must involve coordinating general office operations, such as an office manager.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience drafting, preparing and reviewing complex or technical reports according to established deadlines, or similar work with contracts or related technical documents.
- Experience with State of MD systems such as FMIS/ADPICS and eMaryland MarketPlace, and/or hands on experience with any similar electronic procurement processing system
- Experience researching, interpreting, applying and/or auditing laws, regulations, guidelines, or other technical specifications.
- Experience or knowledge in financial fields such as banking, investments, merchant services, economics, etc.
- Experience managing a corporate purchasing card program
- Proficiency in MS Word, Adobe, and/or Excel
WHY WORK FOR THE STATE OF MARYLAND?
- Job stability and pinnacle experience (we are a Constitutional Office)
- Work-life balance
- Ability to make your mark through public service
- Predictable hours and hybrid teleworking schedules
- Paid holidays 12-13 per year
- Generous paid leave package (annual, sick, personal and compensatory leave)
- State Pension ("defined benefit" plan)
- Tax-deferred supplemental retirement savings plans (401(k) and 457)
- Free parking
- Comprehensive, subsidized health, dental and prescription plans with little to no deductibles, free generic prescriptions, and free preventative health services
- Flexible Spending Account plans for Health Care and Daycare
- State Employees Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
All job opportunities within the Maryland State Treasurer’s Office are accessible through JobAps, the Statewide Recruitment, Examination and Applicant tracking system. Please upload a current copy of your resume with your application.
Electronic application is strongly preferred; however, if you do not have access to a computer, you may send a copy of your resume to the State Treasurer's Office, Human Resources, 80 Calvert Street, Room 109, Annapolis MD 21401, or fax to 410-260-4090.
All candidates will be subject to a background investigation at the time of interview, to include criminal, civil, and credit history.
Any questions regarding this recruitment or the recruitment process may be directed to the STO Personnel Office at 410-260-7078.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay