Director of Financial Planning & Budget/Assistant Treasurer
McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for a Director of Financial Planning & Budget and Assistant Treasurer. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Finance, the Director of Financial Planning and Budget/Assistant Treasurer serves as the College's senior budget officer responsible to the Associate Vice President for Finance. This position collaborates with the president, provost, vice presidents, deans, directors, and department heads to effectively translate approved operating plans for the College units into one-year operating budgets and multi-year financial strategies. This position plans, prepares, presents, monitors, and updates the annual budget.
This position is responsible for working in close coordination with the Associate Vice President for Finance to ensure the accuracy of the College's reporting systems. Additionally, the position has primary responsibility for the endowment and similar funds to ensure that the restricted purposes are fulfilled. Assists in management of the investment program of the College as directed by the Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate the College’s budget process.
- Participate in strategic planning for the College.
- Maintain relationships with outside financial institutions.
- Manage the accounting for the endowment and similar funds.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university, preferably in business administration/finance or accounting with strong preference toward experience in higher education.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office specifically using Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of financial systems, Colleague preferred.
- Knowledge of banking institution practices and services.
- Highly motivated, self-starter capable of working in multiple systems.
- Integrity in dealing with confidential information.
- Champion for equity and inclusion both internally and externally.
- Ability to use critical thinking to assist in decision-making.
- Ability to prioritize work follow-through with attention to detail and accuracy.
For a complete job description and to apply, please visit the college’s employment webpage. Completed applications must include the following: cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience; resume; names and contact information of three professional references; and completed job application. Review of applications begins December 12, 2022. Position remains open until filled.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status. For more information on the college’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, please visit the college’s Campus Diversity & Inclusion web page.