Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
The Buyer position will perform the following duties:
- Maintains multi line product replenishment from vendors and suppliers at competitive market pricing.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels to ensure superior service levels to customers and sales force through use of industry standard Best Practices procedures.
- Achieves established gross profit levels while maintaining a competitive cost basis through negotiation and relationship development.
- Interacts and communicates both written and verbally with sales force, customers and vendors in a timely and informative manner on market conditions, delivery schedules and product information.
- Works in an environment that requires team work and the ability to work independently to maintain required job parameters.
- Develops interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and externally.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 years purchasing experience or related area
- Must be analytical in thought process
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Advance Excel Skills
- Some College/Associates degree
- 2-4 years of Purchasing experience or related area within the foodservice industry
- Purchasing a minimum of a few product categories
- Establishing systems to generate gross margin dollars
- Automating procedures to be more efficient and accurate
Our Diverse team Drives The Industry Forward • Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer