NIGHT WAREHOUSE SELECTORSPERFORMANCE FOODSERVICE
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
The Selector operates a ride on pallet jack.selects cases and other containers of food and non-foods products to fill customer orders from multi-level rack warehouse storage systems. Items are placed on pallets and completed orders are moved to the loading dock staging area with an electric pallet jack / forklift, wrapped, labeled and readied for shipment in a timely manner observing all safety regulations and ensuring all quality standards are met while maintaining the efficient flow of product through the production process. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duties assigned to best serve the company.
- Follow all preferred work methods, safety policies and procedures per company guidelines. Ensure work area is safe and report any unsafe conditions and/or acts immediately.
- Review work schedule, obtain supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations. Perform a safety check on pallet jack / forklift to be used and insure that all other safety devices are functioning properly. Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear.
- Meet required productivity and accuracy standards per location and company guidelines.
- Place pallets on pallet jack and operate along assigned multi-level racks and locate products according to order sheets.
- Manually place the appropriate stock items on pallet from pick slots and racks as required. Use single and/or double pallets as directed.
- Transport completed palletized customer order to shipping dock staging area. May be required to shrink-wrap pallet for staging.
- Perform general housekeeping duties and keep warehouse area, loading dock and trailers clear and clean as required.
- Remove batteries requiring recharging, replace with charged batteries, or attach re-charger and complete vehicle inspection checklist. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position
• Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift
• Able to lift, stack, and/or pull products off shelves, as well as replenish product, from various heights weighing between 10-35 pounds and generally up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location, throughout shift
• Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e. cooler, freezer and dry
• Pass pre-employment drug test
• 1-2 years warehouse and/or distribution work experience using a motorized pallet jack
• Foodservice distribution or related industry experience
• Motorized pallet jack certified
Our Diverse team Drives The Industry Forward • Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer