Medical Front Desk ReceptionistRegional Cancer Care Associates
Regional Cancer Care Associates (RCCA) has become one of the largest oncology physician networks in the United States and the largest in the Northeast. With approximately 700 employees at every level of Oncologic healthcare, RCCA is committed to treating cancer patients with the highest-quality treatments and the highest-quality healthcare professionals. Join the fight against cancer today!
Were looking for a Medical Front Desk Receptionist for our high profile practice located in Chevy Chase, MD. Initial interview with VP of Human Resources in corporate office via Skype required.
A polished professional, well spoken, and team player with an upbeat personality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers, screens, and directs calls on multi-line phone system; takes detailed messages and/or forwards telephone calls to appropriate practitioner, voice mail, or pager.
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Clears messages each morning and delivers to appropriate practitioner.
- Meets and greets patients; announces, directs, and/or escorts to appropriate area.
- Opens and routes incoming mail.
- Prepares and forwards outgoing mail and packages.
- Composes and types routine correspondence as required.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing as required.
- Organizes and maintains file system; files correspondence and other records.
- Orders and maintains supplies, arranges for equipment maintenance, and keeps reception area organized.
- Inputs patient information and demographics into computer system.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Associates degree (A.A.), two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Why Should You Apply?
Paid Time Off.