Medical ScribeRegional Cancer Care Associates
Regional Cancer Care Associates (RCCA) has become one of the largest oncology physician networks in the United States and the largest in the Northeast. With approximately 800 employees at every level of Oncologic healthcare, RCCA is committed to treating cancer patients with the highest-quality treatments and the highest-quality healthcare professionals Join the fight against cancer today!
Currently we are seeking a Full Time Medical Scribe for our Chevy Chase, MD location.
Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician, including but not limited to:
- Patient medical history and physical exam,
- Procedures and treatments performed by healthcare professionals, including nurses and physician assistants.
- Physician-dictated diagnoses, prescriptions and instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow-up
- Dictation/faxing/phone calls and clerical tasks.
- Reviewing medical documentation for accuracy and consistency.
- Ensure that all clinical data, lab or other test results, the interpretation of the results by the physician are recorded accurately in the medical record.
- Medical Scribes collect, organize and catalog data for physician quality reporting system and other quality improvement efforts and format for
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Medical Scribes must be proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication. Must be able to listen to complex medical information and summarize in a clear, complete, and concise fashion. Excellent English composition skills required to generate
professional, polished writing at a high rate of production. Handwriting must be clear and legible.
- Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, diagnostic procedures, pharmacology, and treatment assessments to the extent required to understand and accurately transcribe dictated reports. Translate medical abbreviations into their expanded forms.
- Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Prepare and interpret charts and graphs. Have the ability to compute ratio and percent.
- Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to apply logic and draw conclusions based on knowledge. Have the ability to refer to reference materials to solve problems.
- Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to learn and use all functions of electronic medical record software and transcription software. Must accurately enter data into a database, search for information, send and receive email and attachments. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word in order to prepare correspondence, medical reports, and other documents. Must use Microsoft Excel to prepare flowcharts and organize data. Must use the internet to access
schedules, research information, etc.
- Other Skills and Abilities Must be able to type words and numbers quickly and accurately; must comply with HIPAA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating patient information.
- Physical Demands While performing the duties of this Job, a Medical Scribe is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to type,
write with a pen, finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Medical Scribe is occasionally required to climb or balance and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Medical Scribe must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Great pay.
- Weekends off.
- Excellent benefits.
- Paid Time Off.