Maintenance Technician/Bus Mechanic (CDL Required) $1000 Signing Bonus
Position Title: Maintenance Technician/Bus Mechanic (CDL Required)
Location: Operations – 8800 Corridor Road, Annapolis Junction, MD
The Regional Transportation Agency (RTA) manages and operates public transportation in Anne Arundel County, Howard County, northern Prince George’s County, and the City of Laurel. The RTA employs 170 administrative and operational staff out of our Annapolis-Junction location.
RTA is actively seeking an ASE certified Maintenance Technician/Bus Mechanic for our fleet of transit buses and service vehicles. Visit our website for a complete list of duties/responsibilities, https://www.transitrta.com/employment/
For a limited time, new hires can be eligible for a $1000 signing bonus*
Pay: $880 - $1020 per week!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Troubleshoot, remove, clean, repair, reinstall and adjust vehicle components:
- Engine, fuel and emission components (State certification)
- Driveline components including transmissions and drive axles
- Electrical/ electronic components
- Brakes/ suspension/ steering/ exhaust
- Cab/ chassis
- Ensure work orders are detailed and properly completed. Must be able to use the Company’s computerized maintenance management system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with standards for professional and ethical conduct
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting preventive maintenance (PM) schedules and operating automotive repair shop equipment.
- Ability to work independently performing over the road and shop repairs
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to use computerized diagnostic equipment, manufacturer and aftermarket diagnostic software, gauges, measuring devices, and manuals and wiring schematics
- Strong communication skills, bringing demonstrated abilities of building solid relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of three (3) years of full-time hands-on vehicle, heavy duty and/or transit repair experience, equivalent training and education/coursework in this field may be considered.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, heavy equipment, and alternative fuel. Candidates must be 21 years or older with a valid driver’s license, and an excellent safe driving record. Class B CDL license with Passenger endorsement is strongly preferred. Required to obtain Class B CDL license with Passenger endorsement within 90 days of hire.
- A minimum of three (3) ASE Certifications. New employees must earn two (2) ASE certifications within their first six (6) months of employment, and must earn the remaining one (1) certification within their first year of employment. Section 609 A/C Systems certification preferred. Required to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Intermediate knowledge with computer diagnostics and computer skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
This position typically requires: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, and using tools and equipment that require a high degree of manual dexterity. Must be able to lay on back on a mechanic’s dolly to work underneath motor vehicle equipment. This is a bargaining unit position. This position is safety sensitive and subject to RTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program.
Heavy Work: Incumbent will be required to perform heavy manual labor, occasionally lifting and maneuvering materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance.
Work is performed both in a shop environment and outside in various weather conditions including exposure to extreme heat and cold. Incumbents work is performed around equipment and machinery with moving parts and under wet and slippery conditions. Incumbents are exposed daily to electrical hazards, vibrations, chemicals, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, dirt, grease, oil, dust, fumes, smoke and gases and are intermittently exposed to intense noise levels.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
* Restrictions apply