Steamfitting ApprenticeSteamfitters Local 602
The Washington, DC Joint Steamfitting Apprentice Committee (Steamfitters Local 602) will accept applications for the 2019 first year class as follows: Applications must be made in person. There will be a $50.00 non-refundable application processing fee at the time of application which is payable in cash or money order only made payable to HPRTF.
Requirements for Steamfitter Program:
- Minimum Age 18 by August 15, 2019
- High School Graduate by June 30, 2019 Or GED (we do not accept online diplomas)
Presentation of the Following Original Documents must be made at Time of Application: (No Photocopies Accepted)
- Valid driver’s license or state issued Picture Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- County or State issued Birth Certificate, United States Passport or Naturalization Certificate
- DD214 (for veterans of military service only)
- Official Transcript of High School Grades (must be in a sealed envelope from the school and have a raised seal affixed) or High school seniors must present a letter on school letterhead from a high school official verifying graduation before June 30, 2019 with an Official Transcript of Grades (Sealed and Certified by School) or GED Scores and certificate (only GEDs that are American Council of Education accredited will be accepted.
The Apprentice Committee selects students of any race, color, sex, age, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The Apprenticeship Committees are actively recruiting applicants including minorities and females.