Communications and Outreach Specaiist
This position is responsible for internal and external communications, public relations and developing,
coordinating and implementing company’s outreach strategies. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions:
Plans, develops and coordinates company public relations and outreach activities.
Develops effective outreach and promotional channels to communicate organizations services to
customers, partners and stakeholders.
Identifies and executes best practices to enhance awareness of SWN’s capabilities and services.
Applies various social media tactics in creating brand awareness; facilitates and develops social media,
mobile applications, website and email strategies.
Collaborates with staff and external vendors to develop messaging, branding ideas, promotional
materials and outreach activities.
Produces content for print, infographics, website, press releases and social media.
Plans and develops Customer Relations Management (CRM) platform and strategies; ensures efficient
use across the organization.
Utilizes graphic design capabilities to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media.
Tracks effectiveness of marketing/outreach campaigns.
Supports activities that require presentations, speeches, articles, recruitment and general outreach.
Proof read and edit internal and external communications.
Identifies technology needs to support outreach and communications plans.
Write copy and track effectiveness of paid advertising.
Assists in the preparation of the local and regional Workforce Plans, Memoranda of Understanding
(MOU’s), Resource Sharing Agreements (RSA’s) and other agreements.
Facilitates the development of Request for Proposals as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1. Knowledge of Federal, State and Local Workforce Development Programs.
2. Knowledge and experience in web design, WordPress, content management systems (CMS), SEO
tactics and customer relations management (CRM) platforms.
3. Possesses strong interpersonal skills.
4. Excellent organizational skills and abilities to communicate effectively orally and in writing within and
outside the organization; including external vendors.
5. Skills and ability to organize plan and execute work with minimal supervision.
6. Advanced ability to use computer and related software for word processing, presentations, databases
7. Knowledge of website design, content and editing.
8. Proven graphic design experience.
9. Experienced user of social media strategies.
10. Knowledge of local economic environment and resource organizations.
11. Skills and ability to present information in briefings and presentations.
Required Qualifications: Note: Any acceptable combination of education, training, and experience that
provides the above knowledge, skills and abilities may be substituted.
Training and/or Education:
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or related field.
Experience related to marketing, communications, graphic design and working with external vendors. Proven
experience with website editing, design software and technologies, utilization of content management
software, public relations, problem solving, traditional and digital marketing, public speaking, skills and
content development preferred.
Licenses or Certificates: None
Work is performed for the most part in an office setting, sitting at a desk or computer. Some walking, standing
and regional business travel is required.
The work involves frequent interruptions and occasional deadline pressur